Historical Frosta, and the island of Tautra
From Trondheim, Bispegata by Nidarosdomen Cathedral at 1030, meet up at 1015
Latest return Trondheim, Nidarosdomen Cathedral at 1800
Come with Trollbuss to historical Frosta!
Frosta is a place of great importance in Norwegian history. This tour includes the following sights and highlights:
- «Tinghaugen» (old court on a hill), from about year 400, where highly respected men met to make new laws and judge criminals
- Rock carvings, about 100 drawings of boats, different kind of deer and whales. This ancient art is probably 4000 years old!
- The island of Tautra, with «Klostergården» restaurant and the nearby Abbey ruins from 1207.
- Lunch at picturesque “Klostergården”; and maybe a taste of their home brewed beer?
- Visit to the farm shop, selling gift products, as well as local food and drinks. There is also an art gallery on this location.
- Visit to Tautra Maria Monastery built 2006, with its modern architecture in a tranquil environment. Information center and shop where the nuns’ handmade articles made of herbs are sold.
- Visit to a local greenhouse, if possible, depending on the season, as Frosta is known as “the fruit and vegetable gardens of Trondheim”
This tour is also available for groups on request.
Tel 48 28 02 66
The tour includes:
- Transport in comfortable minibus
- Guide on the whole tour
- The daily lunch menu
- Visit at «Tinghaugen, The Tautra Maria Monastery and «Klostergården» including the old abbey ruins and farm shop Possibly a visit to a local greenhouse
- Coffee/tea in the bus
Price from NOK 950,-
SELECT NO. OF PEOPLE AND DATE